Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sew Something - Check

Ever since we got our new couch, I have been wanting to add a little more color into our living room because there is too much brown.

I decided that blue would be a good accent color since red and green are already being used in our house.
When I saw this pillow from Pottery Barn I knew I wanted it for the living room. However, I wasn't too excited about paying $25 for the cover and $12 for the pillow insert.

This made me decide to complete another item on my list by sewing something.

While I am not a seamstress by any means, I did learn to sew from my mom when I was younger and did pretty well in 4-H. For this pillow I didn't use a pattern, I just made it up as I went and I'm very impressed with the result. As an added bonus, I saved some money by making this pillow. If I would have purchased two pillow covers and inserts, it would have cost me $78.81. With my Hobby Lobby fabric for 17.49 and two brown buttons for $2.50 each, I made two pillows, using pillow inserts I already had at home, for $22.49. I saved $56.32.

1 comment:

  1. Kels, this pillows turned out so cute and with the patterned rug, add the wow factor to your living room. I'm impressed!!!

    Karla

    ReplyDelete