Saturday, September 26, 2009

Skinny Kurt and Young Kelsey

As I promised last week, here are some older pictures from the Nebraska State Fair. This is a picture of my dad showing the Grand Champion Market Heifer.

He had the Champion Market Heifer two times.

Here he is with the family that sponsored his prizes.

Here is a picture of me from the parade of Champions with employees from the business that sponsored my prize. This was my senior year of high school/freshman year of college with my Reserve Division Champion Steer, Walter.

I also promised some bonus pictures of young Kelsey at the Nebraska State Fair.
Since my dad showed in open class, I spent several days at the fair and my mom had to find creative ways to keep me busy in the barn.

They even put me to work sweeping the walk way.

I took many naps on the show box too.

Do you have any great memories from the Nebraska State Fair or another state fair? Please leave a comment with your memories or a link to a blog entry with memories from the state fair.

1 comment:

  1. Oops, I think you mean senior year in H.S. or freshman year in college! Running across the fairgrounds in the pouring rain before sunrise stands out in my mind. (Not necessarily favorite - but most memorable)

    ReplyDelete