Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1 Month





One month has already passed in our new life with twins.  In some ways it feels like the time has flown by and in other ways it feels like they have been here forever.  Our days basically consist of eating, sleeping and having diapers changed with occasional outings here and there.
Nap time during the Bold and the Beautiful in the sun on the couch.  


In the beginning I told Mike that I had to go back to work because there was no way I could stay home alone with both of them.  Now I feel like when I have an extra person to help me, it is easy to take care of the twins.  When I am by myself it can get a little hairy and one baby may cry once in a while, but it is doable.  I also felt in the beginning that I couldn't leave the house by myself with the twins because it is hard to put two babies in car seats and get everything ready to head out the door, but now I have left the house twice with the twins by myself.

Here are interesting points about the twins first month of life.

  • Our first outing was to Great Grandma and Grandpa Goertzen's on New Years Day, one day short of being 1 week old, to watch football and eat New Years Cookies.  
Arriving at Great Grandma and Grandpa's house.  
  • Both boys passed their birth weights at 2 weeks of age. Jax was 7 lbs. and Jase was 6 lbs. 6 ozs. 
  • First trip to Walmart (I'm sad to admit) was at 2 weeks
  • Mom has had some alone time outside of the house thanks to helpful family members. 
  • One morning while I was feeding one of the babies I looked out the living room window and saw a hot air balloon.  If we wouldn't have had the boys we would have been at church and would have missed it.  The balloon landed less than a mile from our house.  

  • First trip to Lincoln at three weeks old.  Our trip included stops at Target, Milkworks, Famous Daves and South Point Mall.  
The car was full to capacity on our way home from Lincoln.  Boot purchases for mom and grandma may have contributed to the problem.  
  • Dad spent 5 days in St. Louis, and while we missed him, mom had great help to get through the week. 
  • Grandma K saw the boys everyday during the first month, Grandpa Kurt was right behind her with only missing 2 days. 

  • Grandpa and Grandma Terry and Karla watched the boys twice while mom and dad went on two dates.  One 30 minute lunch date to the Dutch Kitchen and one longer date to a Ducks Unlimited Banquet.  
  • The night time bottles hold 70-85 ml. 
  • Our first trip to church was the day after the boys turned 1 month old.  
Our church outfits.  
  • The boys are still in newborn diapers, but newborn clothing is getting pretty tight.  
  • The daily eating schedule is roughly: 3 am, 6:30 am, 9:30 am, 12:30 pm, 3:30 pm, 5:30 pm, 9:30 pm and 11pm.  
  • Mom spent one day at Bethesda Women's Ministries when Dad was in St. Louis.  The boys were very good during the day and mom even had time to tie some knots on two quilts.  

At Bethesda Women's Ministries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment