Monday, May 31, 2010

Sweet Potato Balls

This is the bonus recipe this week, Sweet Potato Ball (pg 226 W).

Sweet Potato Balls
2 cans sweet potatoes
1 egg
large marshmallows
corn flakes, crushed
1 cup cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbl flour
1 tsp vanilla

Mash sweet potatoes, add egg, and mix.  Take 1 marshmallow and pat potatoes around in a ball.  Roll ball in cornflakes and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  Cook cream, sugar, flour and vanilla until slightly thick.  Pour over potatoes and serve.

Mashed sweet potatoes.  I chose to not mix the egg into the potatoes.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of patting the potatoes around the marshmallows because it was pretty messy. 

I cut the recipe in half and it made 10 balls, so plan accordingly. 
The sauce was easy to make and tasted really good.  I didn't have any cream on hand, so I just used milk, which worked out fine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment