Saturday, July 17, 2010

MIA

 I know I have been missing in action this week.  Sorry. I would argue that I have a pretty good reason for taking a little break.  My summer officially started on Sunday, so I wanted to take a little break to relax.  Unfortunately the blog suffered a bit, but it felt so good to rest. I should have planned ahead to do my Mennonite Monday post before everything got crazy, but I hardly cooked last week, except for the bake beans for 600 people, but I will post more about that later.

Here are a few pictures from Community Days.   

I'm always good about taking pictures at the parade and then after that my picture taking drops off.



 This year we had the Minute to Win it Game, which went over pretty well even though very few adults were willing to step out of their comfort zone and participate. 

 Everyone was concentrating to hard. 
 Even the young kids tried the games, but we didn't time them. 

 No one was able to balance three golf balls on top of each other, but most people were able to balance two. 

 The Home Run Derby went over very well on Friday night.  My dad even won his division, which I don't have a picture of and didn't see because I went home to rest up for the next day. 

We had a record number of people participating in the 5K and 10K races.  Someday I want to participate in the run, but not when I'm running the entire weekend.  

 My niece Ave even came to join in the fun. 

On Saturday evening No Better Cause performed an acapella concert. 

All in all it was a good weekend, but I'm glad it is over.  Bring on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment