Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Crazy Week

Last week was one of the busiest weeks of my life.  I want to document what happened last week so someday when I feel like I am busier or when I feel like I have a boring life with nothing going on, I can look back for a little bit of a reality check.

MONDAY
Checked out my calendar when I got to work and had a mini freak out.  Schedule for the day included:
12Noon - Directors Meeting
6:30 - Fire Department Appreciation Meal (Mikes the fire fighter, not me but spouses were invited)
7pm - Lead a Community Center Meeting
8 pm - Lead a Resident Attract and Retain Committee Meeting

A little twist for Monday was the fact that we didn't make it to the appreciation meal. When I arrived home after work at 5 Mike was sleeping and felt like he was freezing.  Later we find out he had a 101.3 temp.

TUESDAY

Business as usual during the day. As I pulled into my yard after work my parents and grandparents were right behind me, ready to pick us up for a trip to Kearney for a Nebraska Corn Board dinner where we were recognized.
So far we have been spotted in Lincoln on the side of a delivery truck. My only request is, if you see us, please don't draw a mustache on my face because I wouldn't look good with facial hair.

The twist for Tuesday:

Creating a presentation for the next morning on the way home that night.

WEDNESDAY:
Started my day in McCool giving a 45 minute presentation about Economic Development in Henderson to the Leadership York group.  I can't believe I talked for 40 minutes straight.  I never thought I had that much to say.
Wednesday evening I lead small group at church.  Since we were working on our banner, I took my group of girls to Walmart, where they had $5 to by materials for the banner, then we stopped at Starbucks for coffee and to finish the banner.

Then it was back to the church for chancel choir.

Wednesdays twist, I went with Mike to the doctor at 1pm to find out Mike had walking pneumonia.

THURSDAY:
Thursday was the easiest day of the week all I had besides work was a jewelry party in the evening.  At this point some retail therapy and good conversation was needed.

Thursdays twist, my nose started running and it felt like a cold was starting.

FRIDAY:
Headed to Kearney 7:30am for the NCIP Conference during the day and stayed for the Governors Banquet that evening.

At the banquet I received three awards from Lt. Governor Rick Sheehy for various projects in Henderson.

No twists on Friday. Thank goodness.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me by posting my schedule from last week.  Most of the events of last week were things I choose to do and brought on myself.  I also realize that there are many people out there who are much busier than me and you may think this week was a breeze.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had that jewelry party on Thursday night as a highlight to your week. :)

    ReplyDelete