Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Pond

On Sunday Mike and I went to the Stauffer Pond for some fun and sun. My aunt and uncle and their family have been developing the pond, which is located in the middle of corn fields, over the past several years.



Mike likes to spend his time on the jet ski. He often water skies, wake skates, knee boards and tries to drive the jet ski as fast as it goes, which was 70 mph on Sunday.


I usually spend my time talking and doing pretty much anything that keeps me out of the water. I still think that if I were an animal I would be a cat because water is not my friend.


As we left the pond their was a storm brewing in the south. While we felt a little jealous about the potential rain we were missing, we got a little taste of our own medicine on Monday night when a storm with 60 mph winds blew through the area. Luckily we did not have much damage.

1 comment: