Monday, August 17, 2009

Mennonite Monday - Little Cheddar Loaves

Today's recipe was suggested by my mother-in-law Karla.

Little Cheddar Loaves
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk


Mix the above ingredients together.


Shape into six loaves. (I only made three loaves)

Since there is only two of us, I made the rest of the mixture into meatballs, which I will freeze and used for a quick easy harvest meal.

Mix 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon prepared mustard and 1/3 cup ketchup. Spread mixture over the loaves. Bake at 350 degree for 35 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Did you like them??? Did Mike like them??? I used to make these when the kids were little. It makes a great oven meal with a baked potato or some oven french fries. Come to think of it, oven sweet potato fries would be even more awesome with it (a current fav of mine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Karla we did like them a lot. They make a great easy meal as long as I remember to set out my hamburger a head of time.

    Yes, they would be good with venison. I grew up on beef, so venison never tastes very good to me, however I would probably eat venison this way because it would mask the wild flavor.

    ReplyDelete