Monday, August 3, 2009

Mennonite Monday

I have been wanting to make recipes from the Bethesda Mennonite Church Cookbook on a regular basis, but I never think to use them and I always wish there were pictures of the different recipes. Due to my desire to cook from the church cookbooks and recent advertisements for the movie Julie and Julia, I have decided to start Mennonite Mondays, where I will be making a different recipe from one of the Bethesda Church Cookbooks each week.

Since we are at the point of summer where everyone has a surplus of Zucchini, I have decided to make Zucchini Bread or Cake this week from the yellow church cookbook.


Zucchini Bread or Cake
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated raw zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup nuts
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder

Mix as for a cake. Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Test to see if cake is done.

Eggs, oil and sugar

Grated zucchini

Align CenterMix in vanilla

I mixed the dry ingredients together before I mixed them in with the other ingredients.



Everything mixed together.

I only baked my bread for 45 minutes and it was completely done.

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of "Mennonite Mondays," Kelsey. There are soooo many good recipes in those two Bethesday Church cookbooks. Some of my favorites out of the gold cookbook are: Danish Pastry Apple Bars (p.23), Valentino's Pizza sauce (p. 64), Little Cheddar Loaves(p. 70) - delish!!!, and Sausage Au Gratin (p. 80) - good way to use that sausage that Mike made. Have fun!!! You've turned into quite a good cook! :)

    ReplyDelete