Well we made it to the one year mark. There was never a question of if we could do it or not, but it feels good to look back over the past 12 months and see just how much the boys have changed in that relatively short amount of time.
During this month the boys...
Spent a week away from mom and dad while they were on a cruise
|They were all smiles when we got home from our trip|
|So happy to see us :)|
Have no bottles at night most of the time and sometimes sleeping through the night
Had our first bout with the flu. Jax had it first and vomited every 30 minutes from 1:30am – 6 am. Jase had it two nights later and vomited every hour from 9:30 pm – 3 am. Having sick kids is the worst especially at this age when they don’t have any idea what is happening to them and they just want to throw up on you or the floor. Luckily Mike and I escaped the whole ordeal without getting sick ourselves.
Celebrated their first Christmas. We decorated the house minimally about 5 days before Christmas so we didn’t have to keep them way from the tree and the presents for weeks. They did pretty well around the tree, but we did have to move the presents out of reach after they figured out that they could rip the paper off. Speaking of presents, by the end of Christmas and their Birthday, they pretty much had the gift thing figured out.
Have taken and interest in climbing which has slowed their progress on walking a little.
Love to eat holiday potatoes and hot dogs
Wear size 3 diapers during the day and size 4 at night and 12- 18 month clothes
Love to crawl through tight spaces and under things.
- Says Mama, Dada, NaNa (Grandma), Baba (bottle), says no no when he is doing something he knows he shouldn’t
- Has a huge interest in steps
- Loved mandarin oranges until he threw them up
- Had a diaper rash for a few months that finally cleared up
- Took first 5 steps while mom and dad were gone.
- Sticks his tongue out and rubs it on his bottom teeth
- Has 10 teeth and is working on #11
- Pretends to talk on the phone
- Doesn’t say distinct words but jabbers up a storm
- Tries to crawl up the side of the bathtub and other things that are too high. Successfully climbed into the bath tub head first, fully clothed, while we were running the water.
- Would pick wrapping paper off of a present one small piece at a time and then hand it to a person near by.
- Likes to climb up and down the couch if we take the cushions off and he doesn’t mind one bit if he falls or rolls off unlike his brother.
- Will stand up in the middle of the room by himself multiple times in a row
- Has 6 teeth and is working on some more
Stay tuned for posts about our family pictures, vacation, Christmas and the first Birthday party.