This month . . .
- We laid on a blanket outside for 45 minutes for the first time. They loved it.
- Ate lunch at the picnic table on the 2nd day of planting with Grandma, Grandpa, mom and dad.
- Stayed with Grandma Karla for the afternoon in Omaha while mom and dad went to a baseball game. Followed by their first trip to the Cheesecake Factory.
- Had their first tractor ride.
- Spent their first night away from mom and dad at Grandma K's and Grandpa Kurt's while mom and dad were at the State Track Meet.
- Had Child Dedication on the day they turned 5 months old.
- We have started trying some daytime naps in the cribs.
- Starting the process of transitioning away from swaddling at night.
|This is not how we sleep at night because it is a high SIDS risk.|
- Eat about 7 times a day. They are probably ready to cut it down to 6, but it is hard to break the schedule that we are set in (probably more so for mom than the boys).
- Wearing mostly 6-month clothes. Three-month clothes still fit, but are very tight.
- We go through roughly 14 diapers a day between both boys.
- Wearing size 2 diapers.
- Both roll frequently from back to front.
- Laughing is more common now on a day-to-day basis.
- They play with toys much more than last month
- Spent one partial day at work with mom. (I'm glad I don't have to do that everyday)
- Put everything in their mouth, but show no interest in eating solids yet.
- Celebrated Mothers Days by seeing ALL of their grandmothers and great grandmothers.
- Loves books
- Loves listening to people sing silly songs. Especially "If your Happy and You Know It" and "The ABC's."
- Is ticklish on his tummy and neck
- Started rolling over on purpose May 7. Always likes to be a step ahead of his brother.
- Crosses his Ankles
- Slept through the night all month
- Falls asleep easily
- Is ticklish under his arms
- Figured out how to roll over on May 8 and did not want to stop after he figured it out
- Started squealing on May 10.
- Sucks his thumb