Sunday, May 26, 2013

The difference of a year

Last year during this week we found out we were expecting twins. 

I was only 7 weeks along, but since we did IVF they do an ultrasound as soon as a heartbeat can be detected.  When we went in for the ultrasound the nurse (our favorite nurse Sheryl) asked how many we thought there would be and Mike said "two."  With in a matter of seconds we had our confirmation that it was two. 


To be honest, we never had the "I can't believe it's twins freak out."  This was due to the fact that my beta level was pretty high initially and the nurse (Carrie) said that we could be having more than one.  That day my response was "Maybe we will get two for the price of one.  In addition, my dad had been saying for a long time that we were going to have twins.  

With both of my grandma's being twins I always knew it was possible, even thought it didn't happened the way I would have imagined it.  I know we are only 5 months in to this crazy journey, but I still feel like I was made to carry and raise twins.  Some how it just feels right. 


This is where we are one year later.  What a difference a year makes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment