Thursday, August 15, 2013

CWS

Way back in June the Goertzen's headed to Omaha for their annual College World Series trip.  Last year I told my grandparents I was expecting on our way to Omaha and things sure were different this year.  
I prepared Mike ahead of time for the fact that we would be taking a family picture at some point and he is really good about going along with it.  

Jase was asleep before the game even started. 



Soon Jax followed suit.  

Luckily it wasn't as hot as it has been in the past few years because we almost melted the way it was when I nursed the boys in a family restroom near our seats.  It was basically a folding chair in a handicap bathroom, but at least it was quite and I didn't have to wear a cover.

We had a great time and were glad we could include the boys in this family tradition; however, it is much harder to pay attention to what is going on when you are paying attention to two six month olds.  When Mike and I fell into bed that night I said "well that was fun, but who won the game" and he said "Honestly I don't know.  Do you want me to look it up on my phone."

Oh well it is more about the food and the atmosphere anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment