Thursday, March 28, 2013

3 Months

We have reached the 3 months mark and time has flown by.  When I thought about staying home with the twins on maternity leave I thought of all these things I would need to do to keep my sanity, but that time flew by and I am so happy I was able to enjoy the last 3 months with my boys.  Here are some things that happened in the last month.

  • The boys are in separate beds.  After a few nights of having to wake up to separate them because they were knocking heads or kicking each other not to mention the fact that Jax was licking Jase's head in the middle of the night, we decided all of us would sleep better if they were in separate cribs.  
  • They had their first trip to Omaha.  Mike had some meetings, so we took the opportunity to visit Grandma Karla, Uncle Kellen, the nurses at Heartland Fertility Center, do some shopping and spend the night at the Embassy Suites. 
  • I went back to work and the boys started daycare.  I am easing back into work which is nice for me and Wendy is learning the ropes of watching twins.  On their first day they wore numbered shirts so Maddie could tell them apart.  
  • Right now they are wearing 3 month and 3-6 month clothing. 
  • We went on our first walk outside this month even though there have not been many "nice" days.

  • We are not giving bottles at night any more.  Now they are old enough to only eat what they want and don't blindly eat whatever we give them, so there really wasn't any point to feeding them bottles.  It also makes middle of the night feedings go much faster when I don't have to heat up bottles.  
  • Their nighttime sleeping ranges from 10:30 - 3:30 to 10:30 - 7:30.  They don't consistently sleep through the night, but they can and do sometimes. It is a wonderful feeling to wake up in the morning after a full night of sleep. 
  • On the weekend mornings we bring the boys to our bed for a little bit to hang out as a family

  • We visited the Goertzen farm to see our first baby calf. 

  • They eat about 60ml-130ml in a setting. 
  • Our daily eating schedule is roughly 4am, 8am, 10am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 5:30pm, 8 pm, 10:30pm.
  • They recognize Mom and Dad and smile when they see us (if they aren't hungry or sleepy).
  • They talked to each other in the morning when they slept in the same crib.
  • We attended Trevor and Tiffany's wedding 

  • We had our first trip to Kansas.  They boys did great on the drive and we stayed with Megan and Aaron for 2 nights.  
  • We finally got a picture with all of the Bergen cousins after supper in Kearney one night. 

Had his first, second and third blow out this month, but the first was the worst. 
Has good head control but is a little wobbly. 
Doesn't understand the purpose of tummy time and just lays calmly on his tummy without moving his head. 
Found his loud cry. 
Was licking his brothers head at night.  We think it looked something like this...

Pulls his knees to his chest and rolls toward one side. 
Has bubbles in this mouth all the time. 

Has a big grin. 

Likes to watch TV. 

   Has a huge smile

 Coos/talks very loudly
Loves the monkeys on his bouncer

Likes to lay with his head to the left and has a pretty big flat spot that we are working on correcting
 Starting to suck on his hands
  Kicks legs and waves arms when he gets really excited
 Wakes up very happy in the morning

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog posts and look forward to them each month!! They are so cute and are growing and changing so fast!! I can't wait to see them tomorrow! :)