Monday, August 30, 2010

Mennonite Monday - Salad Dressing

Mennonite Monday started because I wanted to make recipes from the Bethesda Mennonite Church Cookbooks (both the yellow and the white cookbook for those of you who own them). I also wanted to take pictures of each recipe that I made, so I would know for future reference what the recipe should look like. I am by no means a great cook, but I think it will be fun to try new and different recipes each week. Not all of these recipes are for ethnic Mennonite food, but the women from Henderson know how to cook, so I can safely say that these recipes will be good. Check back each Monday for a new recipe and feel free to leave a comment if you have a favorite recipe from these cookbooks, or if you have some tips on what I should make and how I should make it.
~
I'm not going to lie, I had no plan for Mennonite Monday this week.  Last week was a busy week, so I didn't take the time to plan out my Mennonite Monday recipe, so I chose this one because I had all the ingredients on hand and it was something I could quickly make at 9:30 p.m. on Sunday evening.  However, I have very glad I chose to make the Salad Dressing recipe (pg 128Y).  I have been looking for a sweet savory salad dressing all summer, and this was exactly what I was wanting.  
Salad Dressing
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup salad oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Shake and store in refrigerator. 


 Sugar and oil 

 vinegar

 Salt

 Pepper

 Mixing
 Unfortunately my lettuce was getting a little old, so this may not be the most appetizing, but trust me it is a nice dressing to use when you need a little bit of a change.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment